UKRAINE

UKRAINE

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Public Transportation!

Cab Rides
So I have yet to blog about my public transport experience. We took the metro once which I think I mentioned. It was like sardines and that still might be an understatement. A couple of times some of us have taken cabs but I think the most memorable one so far was the cab ride back from the monastery with Tine. When Toby found us a cab for a decent fair because they always want some outrageous price but we found one for 60 grevinas. It was this little Ukrainian woman who kept trying to talk to us about who knows what because we did not understand her but she just kept talking. Then there were the British cab drivers we met outside the Billa (grocery store) that ended up bringing us home. It was nice to have an English speaking cab driver but they still tried to get us to pay excessively but we talked them down.

So we only used the Metro (Subway) once because it was crazy!! It is like sardines and it smells!! I'm surprised we all managed to get from point a to point b as a whole unit of 18!!

No comments:

Post a Comment