UKRAINE

UKRAINE

Friday, May 14, 2010

New Experiences








































































Ok now I have a little bit more time to write. We are at the International school getting acquainted with the library and what not but I have a chance to update. I told you a little bit about the flights but nothing topped the Englishman who thought that I made a nice pillow on the plane flight from Houston but I survived and it was a good laugh even though it was awkward. So after we finally left the airport the fun began. We arrived at the hotel starving so the four of us who made it on time went exploring. Yes we stuck out like the American tourist that we are but o well I'm sure they all had a good laugh. We went to an authentic restaurant and had wonderful food. I ate potato pancakes and apple struddle. It was super yummy!! I had a coke to drink and yes it taste the same as in American and I'm adjusting to the lack of DP outside of Texas, LOL. One of the people in our group, John attempted to order in Ukrainian and did a good job but I'm sure the waiter got a good laugh but the menu was kind of in English but the rest of us just pointed to pictures. After dinner I did finally sleep until 7:00am. I had a yummy breakfast and I'm not sure what I ate. So now we're off to work and then we're probably going to get some more rest. Which is good because my feet are still swollen so I'm glad I packed my good old trusty flip flops and I will be wearing them on the plane on the way home so my feet are not so constricted next time.

I've attached some pictures of my airplane food from Ukrainian airlines and dinner last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment