UKRAINE

UKRAINE

Friday, May 14, 2010

More about today







I'm not very good about coming up with a title for these things but not important. So after our day at the International school we came back to the hotel to freshen up for dinner. Then we walked a lot (yes my feet or still swollen and yes I know better but I don't want to miss out on the fun either but there were people that ate at the hotel). So we went to another Ukrainian restaurant with fabulous food. It was more buffet style and it is fun to point to things to order because we have no idea what is what and only some people speak English but at the international school everyone speaks English and they live here and don't know a lot of Ukrainian which is weird. Like in America I know now days you don't have to learn English to get by but there there are sometimes words on the menu in British English but other wise nothing else is for the most part. NE ways back to dinner the only thing I didn't like was this wierd cold soup with dill, cucumbers and was white but that's about all we could figure out about it. However, the beer was good and the Cherry Dumplings were amazing. So then we went exploring and found a coffee/drink bar. We went to try local vodka and came up empty handed but some people in our group did try absFont sizeenth and it is very green. I did try a sip but it burned going down I'm glad I didn't do the whole shot! We walked back to the hotel on a different road and ran across the opera house (which we have all said we want to go to an opera here). It looks fabulous at night so I'm excited to see it again tomorrow in the day light. Tomorrow is our first Tour of Kyiv and we are going around by bus and then a dinner cruise on a boat! Yes I will take lots of pictures and eventually hopefully I'll get enough converted from NEF to JPEG to post from my camera which is why only the ones from my iphone have made it up so far. It is really strange the way the city is laid out here because most of the time you have to go down the stairs and back up to cross the street and there is a ton of shops along the underground area. We haven't really figured out the point of the stop lights because most intersections we have watched have lights and signs but are directed by cops (I guess that is what they are). So I guess I will leave you guys with that for now.
The pictures are of my food, my first Ukrainian beer and my recation to the absenth!






No comments:

Post a Comment